HINT WHEN SEARCHING FOR PROPERTY:
Please note that not all search fields are mandatory. Entering only one field, e.g. Erf number will return a large results set that can then be perused to find the subject property.
Please be aware that the search page may take a minute or so to load.
For optimum search results it is recommended that for full title property a combination of Erf and Deeds Town be used, while for sectional title property it is recommended that a combination of Scheme Name and Section Number be used.
HOW TO VIEW INDICATIVE MONTHLY RATES PAYABLE:
1. Locate the property you are looking for on the valuation roll search page.
2. Once you have located your property, click on the market value amount to view the indicative annual and monthly rates that will be assessed for the property, together with any indicative reductions or rebates that will be applied in terms of the Municipal Property Rates Act No. 6 of 2004.
The tariffs, reductions and rebates that have been used to calculate the estimated annual and monthly rates are only proposed at this stage, and have been used for the purpose of estimating indicative rates, and have not yet been approved by Council. The final rates tariffs, rebates and reductions will be approved by Council at the end of May 2009.
HOW TO VIEW COMPARABLE SALES:
The essence of market value is based on the “willing buyer, willing seller” concept. In order to view a list of registered deeds office sales in your Deeds Town or Sectional Scheme, do the following:
1. Search for the property as usual
2. When the property information is displayed, click on the ‘VIEW SALES’ link that appears at the bottom of your screen, and it will be possible to view all sales for either the Deeds Town or Sectional Scheme, whichever is applicable.
3. Deeds Office sales will then be displayed as follows:
1. Address, Description, ErfExtent, SalePrice, SaleDate, MarketValue, UseCode